CLAUD is a regional consortium of higher education librarians based in South and South-West England. We are working together to make higher education libraries more accessible and inclusive because we believe this will benefit everyone.
We aim to support higher education libraries to become more accessible and inclusive by:
- Raising the profile of accessible and inclusive practice online, through advocacy, and contributions to national initiatives.
- Collaborating with others who share our aims.
- Providing regular practical training and support.
- Inspiring library staff, information and knowledge managers to develop their inclusive practice though a mutual support network.
- Connecting libraries so that they may more effectively share information, innovations and best practice, and also solve problems collaboratively.
- Offering student bursaries for research into inclusive practice in order to encourage interest in accessibility and inclusion among young professionals.
- Sponsoring research that supports accessible and inclusive library practice.
If you would like to know more about CLAUD, what we do, or if you have any questions, please get in touch.