Accessibility statement for CLAUD
This website is run by the CLAUD Consortium. We want as many people as possible to be able to use this website. For example, that means you should be able to:
- change colours, contrast levels and fonts
- zoom in up to 300% without the text spilling off the screen
- navigate most of the website using just a keyboard
- navigate most of the website using speech recognition software
- listen to most of the website using a screen reader (including the most recent versions of JAWS, NVDA and VoiceOver)
We’ve also made the website text as simple as possible to understand.
AbilityNet has advice on making your device easier to use if you have a disability.
How accessible this website is
We know some parts of this website aren’t fully accessible:
- you can’t modify the line height or spacing of text
- the social media icons for Twitter and LinkedIn at the bottom of the page are invisible to screen readers, although these services can be accessed through the “Social media” page linked from the footer
What to do if you can’t access parts of this website
If you need information on this website in a different format like accessible PDF, large print, easy read, audio recording or braille:
- email firstname.lastname@example.org
- complete the web form on the Contact us page
We’ll consider your request and get back to you in 10 working days.
Reporting accessibility problems with this website
We’re always looking to improve the accessibility of this website. If you find any problems that aren’t listed on this page or think we’re not meeting accessibility requirements, please contact our Web officer by emailing email@example.com.
The Equality and Human Rights Commission (EHRC) is responsible for enforcing the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018 (the ‘accessibility regulations’). If you are not happy with how we respond to your complaint, contact the Equality Advisory and Support Service (EASS).
Technical information about this website’s accessibility
CLAUD is committed to making its website accessible, in accordance with the Public Sector Bodies (Websites and Mobile Applications) (No. 2) Accessibility Regulations 2018.
This website is fully compliant with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines version 2.1 AA standard.
Non accessible content
The content listed below is non-accessible for the following reasons.
The social media buttons in the website footer are coded to be invisible to screen readers. An equally rapid alternative text-based route to find this content for screen reader users is provided in the social media link from the same web page footer. We understand that this therefore still meets WCAG 2.1 AA success criterion 1.1.1.
How we tested this website
This website was last tested on 14 August 2019. The test was carried out by CLAUD.
We tested our website platform, available at https://claud.org.uk
You can read the full accessibility test report http://wave.webaim.org/report#/https://claud.org.uk.
This statement was prepared on 16 August 2019.
It was last updated on 16 August 2019.